In recent years, with the increasing popularity of social networks, litigation surrounding these concepts is becoming more common. When terminating a business partnership or during a divorce, it is not uncommon to see this type of litigation add itself onto an already complex situation. Damage to your reputation can greatly affect your psychological health or even your professional future.
Among the moral damages include:
- Violation of a person’s honor
- Violation of a person’s dignity
- Damage to reputation
- Invasion of privacy
Defamation can take various shapes and forms. Some forms of defamation can be considered criminal harassment, threats or extortion. In these cases, it may be appropriate to file a complaint with the police, in addition to parallel proceedings to obtain compensation. Therefore, any form of hateful words, even on the web, should be taken seriously. Depending on the circumstances, the following actions may engage the civil liability of a person, among others:
- Spreading lies or false information
- Publishing embarrassing photographs
- Creating a web page using someone else’s identity and making misleading or false remarks
- Spreading remarks of a sexual nature about a person
- Publishing a video that damages the reputation of a person
Do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your chances of obtaining compensation and to protect your rights.