Good labour relations between employers and their employees are fundamental to the prosperity of any business. Employees who are aware of their obligations will be more efficient, whereas employers who are well informed of their rights will be able to effectively manage their business and prevent any and all problems that may be prejudicial to working relationships between the parties involved.
We are able to provide representation, advice and assistance to employers caught up in disputes before the CNESST (Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail), the TAT (Tribunal administratif du travail), grievance arbitrators in matters involving collective labour relations as well as courts of law.
The lawyers at Bernier Fournier who specialize in labour and employment law are able to meet employers’ needs and provide a host of diversified services, particularly with respect to:
- Interpretation and negotiation of collective bargaining agreements and disputes arising therefrom
- Employment contracts and company policies
- Workplace disputes
- Labour standards
- Occupational accidents and illnesses
- CNESST: classifications, contributions and charges
- Criminal prosecutions in occupational health and safety matters
- Pay equity within the company
- Psychological or sexual harassment and discrimination
- Access to information and protection of personal information