The legal field of taxation is far from simple given that it is intimately linked to several finance and accounting principles and concepts. That being said, tax law can become a source of many hassles for both individuals and companies. The Bernier Fournier team can help you to see clear through it all, analyze your situation and assist you with your tax planning or provide you with representation in the event of a new assessment or criminal charges.
- Municipal taxation (tax accounts or assessments)
- Tax planning or tax disputes
- Tax offences
- Payroll deductions
- Business succession planning and transfers
- Payment agreements with tax centres
- Death settlements
Our team can help you to clear up a host of questions and resolve all sorts of tax disputes. Also, when the situation calls for it, we will not hesitate to provide you with the services of experts such as tax specialists and accountants.
Federal and Provincial Tax Law
Tax law extends to both levels of government (Québec and Canada), which each have their own particularities and representatives. At the federal level, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) ensures compliance with federal tax laws and the collection of income taxes. In Québec, it’s the Agence du revenu du Québec, better known as Revenu Québec, that manages the tax system.
When it comes to taxation, we are able to provide you with information on the following laws among others:
- Income Tax Act
- Income Tax Conventions Interpretation Act
- Tax Court of Canada Act
- Excise Tax Act
- Taxation Act
- Tax Administration Act
- Act respecting the Agence du revenu du Québec
- Act respecting the application of the Taxation Act
- Act respecting the sectoral parameters of certain fiscal measures
- Act respecting municipal taxation